BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 14, 2010

.

What did you learn? What material was new to you? What were the three most important things you learned in today's lesson/independent practice?

Today we learned about the Yahoo Directory. A directory is a list of all catorgies you can chose from, with any topic you like. These pages are picked out by real people, not like where google.com uses robots. This material was new to me, because I never knew Yahoo had a directory, but I think i have seen them before. The three most important things learned in todays independent practice were

1 - a directory has less results
2- a directory is much faster than looking at 6,980,000 results on google.com
3 - you can look at ANY catorgery you want too

2 comments:

Patricia A. Sarles, MA, MLS, MSEd said...

That's great! I'm glad you learned something that was new to you.

GRK said...

I also wrote about directories for my blog post :)